For the crust:
Make the crust by adding cocoa powder, cashews, and coconut sugar to a food processor with the s blade and pulse until it's reached a very fine texture
- With the speed set to low, start adding the dates in one by one then increase the speed to high. Mix until it's become a dough texture.
whipped coconut cream:
- This recipe calls for 1 can of refrigerated coconut milk (full fat) with the cream scooped up from the top.. do not use the liquid part
- Place a steel mixing bowl in the freezer about half hour before you're about to make the whipped cream.
- When ready, add the coconut milk into the chilled steel bowl
- Whisk until stiff peaks form
- Keep in the fridge until ready to use
Vegan French Silk Pie
- The night before, stick a can of coconut milk in the fridge - you want it to be chilled before you use it.
In a blender (Vitamix), add the tofu, cocoa powder, melted chocolate, chilled coffee, vanilla, and maple syrup - blend until smooth, transfer to a bowl.
In a bowl, scoop out the top part of the coconut milk (only the fat, not the water). Using a hand mixer, whip the coconut milk until it soft peaks begin to form.
- Transfer the coconut milk into the pie filling and fold in until completely incorporated.
- Pour the pie filling into the prepared pie crust and smooth over - let chill in the fridge overnight.
- Add dollops of coco whip (homemade or store bought) on top and serve - enjoy.